As part of GiZ's effort to promote Conservation Agriculture (CA) in the Upper West Region (Wa Area), it is sponsoring a group of 35 lead and nucleus farmers to access CA training at The Howard G. Buffett Foundation|Centre for No-till Agriculture. The groups are divided into 2.
Group 1 : 22 people
Group 2: 13 people
These farmers will be taken through:
1. The concepts, principles and practices of CA
2. Pictorial evidence and field tour
3. Land preparation (smallholder manual systems and mechanized CA systems)
4. Soil health and soil cover
5. Sustainable crop varieties, cropping systems and weed control.
At the end of the training, participants will develop action plans for the upcoming session which would be discussed to outline the implementation strategies.